"Pilates is a complete coordination of body, mind, and spirit"
~ Joseph Pilates
Inspire clients to love their bodies! Enable them to feel graceful, powerful and move in ways they never thought they could. To make them appreciate, embrace and actively seek a life filled with movement - and fully utilize every muscle and joint in their body so they can enjoy a body that is healthy, looks and feels amazing, and serves them strongly year after year.
True Pilates and GYROTONIC® is whole-body movement and sometimes corrective exercise; more than choreography or spot training. It involves skeletal education, alignment, progression, focus, and an underlying philosophy of movement. Goals are reached with great results and improvement is visible and safe. It needs not to be somber and serious but celebrated and fun!
Founded in 1995, Mind Your Body is one of the first Pilates and GYROTONIC® studios on the Upper East Side. The two studios, each located on Lexington Avenue in the 90′s, are bright and airy, yet private and cozy, and operate as one Pilates and GYROTONIC® studio. Our main office and studio is at 1435 Lexington Avenue between 93rd and 94th Street, while our second studio space just a few blocks away! You will find a relaxed atmosphere that is both inviting and instructional. Personal attention is a primary focus.
Each session focuses on form and technique coupled with the joy of movement — a philosophy that is helping all of our clients achieve their optimal goals. To fully benefit and enjoy each and every session at our studio, we encourage our clients to:
- Leave your worries at the door; come with a clear head & positive attitude.
- Stay open and prepare yourself to learn how to move freely in YOUR body.
- Match our commitment and soon you will have a whole new body!
- It IS all about YOU; deepen your practice with a Private every once in a while.
- Celebrate your new way of moving and have fun with it!
- Laughter and questions are not an option; they are welcomed and encouraged.
Our 90th Street location
1370 Lexington Avenue
(between 90th and 91st St.)
New York, NY 10128
Our 94th Street location
1435 Lexington Avenue
(between 93rd and 94th St.)
New York, NY 10128
To ensure all clients have the best possible experience at our studio, please make note of the following few details.
- All Private sessions are 60 minutes; classic Pilates classes are 55 minutes.
- Be mindful, focused and courteous; come to class on time.
- Please silence your cell phones and leave your shoes at the door!
- We love coffee as much as you do, but please do not bring coffee into the studio.
- Jewelry, watches and zippers damage the equipment and are not safe. Please remove your wrist jewelry before your session.
- If MYB is closed due to weather, you will ALWAYS get a phone call.
- Instructor substitute notice will go out for Private sessions only.
- Check your class schedule frequently online or at the front desk.
- We are here to help, but you are responsible for your scheduled times.
- All forwarding schedules are subject to be on AutoPay.
- To avoid being charged for an appointment or class reservation you cannot keep, please cancel with at least 24 hours notice.
To be fair, we cannot make any exceptions.