Inspire clients to love their bodies! Enable them to feel graceful, powerful and move in ways they never thought they could. To make them appreciate, embrace and actively seek a life filled with movement - and fully utilize every muscle and joint in their body so they can enjoy a body that is healthy, looks and feels amazing, and serves them strongly year after year.
True Pilates and GYROTONIC® is whole-body movement and sometimes corrective exercise; more than choreography or spot training. It involves skeletal education, alignment, progression, focus, and an underlying philosophy of movement. Goals are reached with great results and improvement is visible and safe. It needs not to be somber and serious but celebrated and fun!
Founded in 1995, Mind Your Body is one of the first Pilates and GYROTONIC® studios on the Upper East Side. The two studios, each located on second floors overlooking Lexington Avenue in the 90′s, are bright and airy, yet private and cozy. You will find a relaxed atmosphere that is both inviting and instructional. Personal attention is a primary focus.
Each session focuses on form and technique coupled with the joy of movement — a philosophy that is helping all of our clients achieve their optimal goals. To fully benefit and enjoy each and every session at our studio, we encourage our clients to:
- Leave your worries at the door; come with a clear head & positive attitude.
- Stay open and prepare yourself to learn how to move freely in YOUR body.
- Match our commitment and soon you will have a whole new body!
- It IS all about YOU; Deepen your practice with a Private every once in a while.
- Celebrate your new way of moving and have fun with it!
- Laughter and questions are welcomed and encouraged.
A Few Details:
To ensure all clients have the best possible experience at our studio, please make note of the following few details.
- All private sessions are 60-minutes, classic Pilates classes are 55-minutes, SpringTone® classes are 45-minutes.
- Please silence your cell phones and leave your shoes at the door.
- Be mindful, focused and courteous; come to class on time.
- Jewelry, watches and zippers damage the equipment and are not safe. Please remove your wrist jewelry before your session.
- We love coffee as much as you do, but please do not bring coffee into the studio.
- We are here to help but online class scheduling gives you optimum freedom.
- Instructor substitute notice will go out for private sessions only.
- If the studio will be closed due to weather, clients will ALWAYS get a phone call.
- To avoid being charged for a reservation/appointment you cannot keep, please cancel with at least 24 hours notice. To be fair, we cannot make any exceptions.
- Most credit cards accepted.